Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Midnight stalker.

So, I've been stalking these women at midnight. Actually, no, I haven't been, but on another subject I have been adding frames to my photos and photo-manipulations as you may have surmised from my latest postings. I've been trying a while to come up with a method to making frames, titles, and signatures for images and have finally come up with one that I am satisfied with.

To get my signature, I used a sharpie on a blank piece of paper (took a couple of tries before I got something I was happy with,) then I took a photo of the piece of paper. I now have the signature saved as a psd file so I can instantly drag and drop the sig into any image. I am thinking about coming up with an entire frame template that I can drop onto an image, but I'm not sure how well that will work yet as I haven't tried it. For the most part I have been using black frames, mostly because I think it is the best choice but I may change that later. I could make the frame semi-transparent or something like that. For now this works, and there is not much time until we leave for Oregon so I am more focused on practicing with the camera than on practicing with my mouse. :)

So here is what's going on; We are flying out on Saturday morning to Portland where we will stay overnight at a hotel. That night we'll be meeting with Kate's Sister and her family for dinner. The following day we will check out around noon and drive over to Lincoln Beach to our rental house on the bay. We will be coming back on the following Sunday, giving us eight total days in the beautiful state of Oregon.

One of these days I want to go up north here in Arizona to get some pictures. I've been pseudo-planning a trip with my sister Samantha to go to Crown King, but some things have to be taken care of before that can happen. It's probably for the best anyway, because I know it's freezing up in Crown King right now, and if we wait until it's blistering down here it will be perfect there.

OK, one more thing, my uncle Kevin has been diving into the black hole that is called astronomy due solely to Kate's recent purchase of a relatively inexpensive telescope. She bought the telescope because the price difference between a home on the bay and a condo on the bay was $300, only the house was cheaper. The only difference noticeable was that the condo had a telescope, as did many of the other homes and condos available for rent. So, Kate did what anyone else would have which is get the cheaper house, and buy a $100 compact telescope that we can take back home when we are done, causing my uncle to learn every odd and end of astronomy and telescopes. It's really cool because when I got into photography, I was initially interested in going to the limits with the camera, which is why I wanted to have access to an SLR camera. Soon we shall have a t-mount adapter and pictures of the moon, and who knows what else. :)

No comments:

Users