About two or three days ago, I started having problems copying and pasting text using Firefox. Not only that but the problem was very strange. I could copy from one section of a document and insert into another portion of the same document, but when I tried pasting elsewhere like the address bar, another tab's document, or another window's document the copy buffer would mysteriously disappear, leaving me shocked and annoyed when I went to hit CTRL+V...
I have since then solved my problem by removing New Dot Net using Microsoft AntiSpyware (Beta). I found out this might solve the problem at the Cant copy and paste in Firefox article on the MozillaZine Forums.
For more information about the behavior of the Firefox "bug" see bug 311844 on Bugzilla.
P.S.
I know a lot of people's stomachs churn when they go to install another MS application, but I demand that these people forgive MS for the past and start realizing that they are finally turning themselves around and doing good things once again.
Edit: Looks like NewDotNet isn't really anything more than a glitchy piece of software, you can remove it without using MS AntiSpyware per the instructions at http://www.newdotnet.com/removal.html.

No comments:
Post a Comment