Monday, December 13, 2004

Fire extinguisher!

I found myself yelling this today as my computer, yes my computer, began glowing red. At first it threw me off, but then two milliseconds later I was running through the house yelling, "I need the fire extinguisher!" I quickly found the small red bottle, raced back to my room, only to find the fire had extinguished itself... Thankfully it looks as if only the motherboard was damaged in the small flare-up, though I have not pulled the CPU off yet to make sure everything is ok... Later today or tomorrow I will go to Frys Electronics and see what I can afford to replace it with. It's just too bad it is so close to christmas, I'm not sure how much I will be able to spend. I also hope I can find a motherboard which will accept my memory, with 1.5gb buying new RAM would be hard to swallow.

Oh yeah, I am in the living room now on the laptop, but all of my photos and programs are untouchable until I fix this problem. Wish me luck, as I will need it!

More later, I am too sad to say any more.

4 comments:

Davis said...

Holy cow! You must have been running your PC to it's full extent! Pushing it to the limit! I'd freak if a fire broke out in my computer. Hey, it could happen I guess, I push "my baby" to hard, especially since it's a small computer with only 6 gigs of memory.

David Monaghan said...

That must be hard! I have 2 20 gig hard-drives and a gig and a half of RAM (memory.) The processor is a 1700+ AMD Athlon XP, but it was only running at 1500 mhz.

Davis said...

Hey! Quit bragging!

David Monaghan said...

:) Whoops! Hopefully soon you will get an upgraded PC!

Users