Wait, I'm not talking about myself here. There is another ME which I am referring to. An evil ME. No, this ME is not a twin, in fact I would be embarrassed enough to commit suicide if I was of any relation at all to this ME. I must say that I am embarrassed at the fact that a close family member of mine is using ME, and I have no control over it. Ok, ok, ok, I am talking about Windows Millennium Edition. This family member which I embarrassed because of just so happens to be my Mom, and the reason for bringing up this discussion is my current anxiety level associated with the re-installation of this operating system. This two day venture involved over 50 reboots, half of which were blue screen induced, but I will say on a more positive note that the computer is now up and running in what seems to be stable condition and not one piece of information was lost in this process! In-fact, the old hard drive is now installed on the system and can be booted from by changing the boot order in the CMOS.
This works for now, but trust me I hate Windows ME (just ask my Mom, she is sick of hearing how much ME sucks by now) and XP will be replacing it just as soon as $100 bucks for an OEM licence shows up. Oh yeah, don't expect to be upgrading ME to XP that would just be asking too much.
I spent a good 10 minutes today trying to figure out how to get ME to stop trying to connect to a domain. Apparently if you have a network you probably connect to a domain server... anyway.
So now that my Mom has a new hard-drive, a new installation of Windows ME, all of her email and bookmark settings from Mozilla transfered, and a few of her basic programs and drivers installed she is back up and running on her speedy 1000mhz Micron (actually a really good box for what she paid and when she got it) and with all of that my Windows ME adventures are hopefully concluded for the year (knocking on wood while crossing fingers and holding rabbits foot.)
In conclusion don't put too much peanut butter on the bread, it sticks to the roof of your mouth.

No comments:
Post a Comment